I need to create a virtual machine with CentOS 6.5 as the guest OS.
I clicked through creating the VM and discovered that the install wouldn’t work. Eventually tracked down the issues.
Keep the following points in mind as you create your VM:
- Create the VM as a generation 1 virtual machine
- Ensure the virtual disk controller and disk are IDE
- Ensure a legacy network adapter is used – may need to create the VM without a network adapter and add the adapter before the install
- If asked to test the install media (iso image) be aware that it will be ejected after the test so you’ll need to open it again
- keep it simple and only have 1 network adapter
- Use the map to find the nearest city to get the time zone – scrolling though the list is boring